Polyester fiber, abbreviated as PET fiber, is a polymer compound. Invented in 1941, it is the first large variety of synthetic fibers.
1. High toughness.
2. Good elasticity. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery, so it is durable, wrinkle-free and non-iron.
3. Heat resistance. The heat resistance and thermal insulation of polyester fibers are the best among synthetic fibers.
4. Good thermoplasticity and poor resistance to melting.
5. Good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon which has the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
6. Good light resistance. Polyester fabrics have better lightfastness, and their lightfastness is better than natural fiber fabrics except for acrylic fibers.
7. Good corrosion resistance
8. Dyeing is poor, but the color fastness is good and it is not easy to fade.
9. Poor hygroscopicity, sultry feeling when wearing, easy to bring static electricity, stain dust, affecting the appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly decreases and does not deform.