Wet-laid Nonwoven: it is to loosen the fiber raw materials placed in the water medium into a single fiber, at the same time, mix different fiber raw materials, make fiber suspension slurry, transport the suspension slurry to the mesh forming mechanism, and then consolidate the fiber into a cloth after forming a mesh in the wet state.
The definition of the International Nonwovens association is: “wet-laid fabric is a kind of paper-like nonwovens, which is made by settling the suspended fibers in the sink, and then through a series of processing such as fixed mesh.” That is to say, wet-laid nonwovens are the nonwovens made by dehydration of water, fiber and chemical additives in a special formator and fixed by physical and chemical methods.
Characteristics of wet-laid Nonwovens:
- High production speed, up to 400m / min
- Suitable length is 20 mm. The short fiber below is meshed.
- Almost unlimited mixing of different quality fibers
- The fibers in the web are disorderly arranged, and the wet-laid nonwovens are almost isotropic.
- The product has good fluffy property and fiber net uniformity.
- Low production cost
- The possibility of variety change of wet-laid nonwovens is small
- Large water consumption
The difference between wet-laid nonwovens and paper:
|Reinforcement||Adhesive||Self hydrogen bond|
|Performance||Small density, soft, with certain wet strength||Hard handle, poor water resistance|