- Necessity of combing
(1) For high-grade fabrics, carding yarn is difficult to meet the requirements;
(2) It is difficult to spin high count yarns with more than 60 count.
(3) Special yarn, carding yarn can not meet the requirements.
- Tasks of Combing Process
(1) Exclude short fibers in order to improve the average length and uniformity of fibers. Short fibers in raw sliver can be excluded about 40%-50%.
(2) Eliminate the impurities and neps in sliver to improve the appearance quality of yarn. In combing process, the impurities in sliver can be eliminated by 50%-60% and neps by 10%-20%.
(3) Straighten, parallel and separate the fibers in the strip. The fiber straightness of carding sliver is only about 50%. The fiber straightness can be increased to 85%-95% in combing process.
(5) Uniform coalescence, mixing and stripping. For example, the weight unevenness of carding sliver is about 2% – 4%, while that of combed sliver is about 0.5% – 2%.
Combing process is composed of combing preparation machine and combing machine. Combing preparation machine is to provide good quality combing coils for combing machine processing.